Used Car Reviews
There is a ton of research that goes into buying a used car, and the majority of this information is going to be found from used car reviews. Not everyone out there can afford to buy a brand new, never been driven on the road car. And with the economy in the shape that it is more and more people are turning towards used cars to get their vehicles to get them from point A to point B.
The Difference Between Used Car Reviews
There are many differences between used car reviews that must be pointed out so that the consumer knows exactly what they are getting with each option.
1. Professional Used Car Reviews
These types of reviews are usually written around the time that the car was originally released and is going to show information pertaining to
Many times once the car has become older, there are follow up reviews written on this particular car by the professional in order to show if this is a car that stands up against time or if it is one that is riddled with problems. But, who are these professionals?
- Car Enthusiasts
- Car Reporters
Those belonging in the automotive field in any way
2. Consumers Used Car Reviews
These are the reviews that are written by those that have driven these cars and gives their honest opinion. However, with that being said, there are many different aspects along with what the professional covers that are covered in these reviews:
- Overall happiness with purchase
- Any problems that they have had
- Opinion on whether this is a good or bad car
Take into consideration that these reviews can be written by anyone and during any point in time. For example, those that may be headed for a length and costly repair may take out their frustration on these reviews, therefore all the information contained in these is going to be biased in many ways.
So just which one of these types of used car reviews is better? They both offer their pros and cons, and it is in the best interest of the buyer to consider both types of reviews when they are looking to purchase their used car to get an overall better understanding of what they can expect.
Should a Person Trust Used Cars Reviews?
This is a question that many people have when it comes to used cars. Most people are under the idea that they are basically getting whatever they are getting with this type of vehicle is what they are getting. However, they can find that the used car review can save them from disastrous situations. For example:
- If the car has many problems that seem to be reoccurring within that model year, then the person can avoid having to get something that is going to drain their savings.
- Helps to avoid getting used cars that are not as reliable as they once were and are riddled with common problems.
With that being said, the person should keep in mind several aspects about used car reviews in order to make an informed decision:
- These reviews can be biased, in either a negative or positive light
- Looking at all the reviews, the person should be certain that they are going with the majority of opinion about the car to get the best idea of what is going to be in store for them
- One person’s misfortune does not necessarily mean that you will have the same problems
How to Find Used Car Reviews
The main question that people have is just how they can go about finding used car reviews. And the answer is most commonly the Internet. Here, they will find:
- Websites entirely devoted to used car reviews written by those that have driven the car and have owned it, when it was new and now that is used
- Car buying sites that will list the most popular opinion on the vehicle according to reviews
Where to Find These Used Cars Reviews
Once a person understands how to find these car reviews, they are going to find that the options as to where they are looking is going to be immense. When it comes to used car reviews, there are several sources that are considered to be the best that there is:
- Kelley Blue Book – This may normally seem like a place to get a price on a used car, which is a great tool to have. However, with most of the cars that are listed there are comment pages in which people are leaving their opinion as to what they really think about the car. These are non professional car reviews so the person should not expect to find concrete statistics, just honest opinions about what they liked and did not like.
- Edmunds.com – This is a site that is devoted to carrying professional articles written on various cars. And usually there are follow up articles written about cars so that the person can see what they should be getting in their used car. On top of this, the person will find that many people use the comment section in order to enlighten readers on certain things and to help them avoid certain problems that arise.
- Consumer Reports – This is a great place to go to see what the professionals are recommending. They will find that there are always lists available for the new cars to choose from, however, there is also a used car list that is given during the year for people lot know which is the best value in terms of performance and money invested.
- NHTSA – Through this site you can find any major recalls that may have been put on vehicles, and it does give you a better idea of those cars that you may want to avoid since they seem to be plagued with problems.
Overall, a person that is in the market to buy a used car, needs to do their research and read reviews in order to find the best that is out there for them.