Archive for the ‘GMC’ Category
Posted on: October 20, 2010 | In GMC
The 2011 GMC Envoy XUV is the best buy if you can’t decide between an SUV and a crew-cab pickup. It combines the enclosed cargo compartment of an SUV with a roofless bed to allow the transport of tall, bulky items as in a pickup truck. This variation in a standard truck makes the different from the trucks of its class. The retractable roof section over the rear cargo compartment in The 2011 GMC Envoy XUV – the eXtra Utility Vehicle will remind you of the Studebaker Wagonaire of the mid-1960s — a station wagon that also had a retracting roof over the back section.
Some unique features in The 2011 GMC Envoy XUV include:
- The rear portion of the roof slides forward on the press of button, exposing a 32-by-32-inch opening for tall items.
- Apart from the power roof, the XUV also features a two-way tailgate with a power window.
- The XUV also features a Midgate, a movable partition between the passenger and cargo areas. With the Midgate up and the glass raised, the cargo area is completely sealed off from the passengers.
The 2011 GMC Envoy XUV’s passenger capacity and the reconfigurable cargo area sets the XUV apart from the crowd and gives it an upper hand in the competition. The 2011 2011 GMC Envoy XUV comes in two trim levels: SLE and SLT.
- The Base SLE is equipped with 17-inch alloy wheels, a deluxe cloth interior, dual-zone climate control, the OnStar communications system and a six-speaker AM/FM stereo with a CD player.
- The SLT models come with almost every feature available, including a driver information center, automatic climate control, power front seats (with memory for the driver), leather upholstery and a leather-wrapped steering wheel with satellite radio and climate controls. The optional features include a DVD-based navigation system, an in-dash CD changer, power-adjustable pedals and a load-leveling rear suspension.
The performance features on 2011 GMC Envoy XUV include:
- A two or four wheel drive, and with either six or eight-cylinder power
- The standard Vortec 4200 (4.2-liter) inline six provides 275 horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque, sufficient to tow up to 5,800 pounds.
- That cargo capacity of 6,500 pounds with 290 horses and 325 lb-ft, the Vortec 5300 (5.3-liter) V8
- A four-speed automatic transmission
- The base engine is rated by the EPA at 15 for city/20 for highway for 2WD (15/19 4WD) while the V8 is rated at 15 for city/19 for highway (14/18 4WD)
The safety features on The 2011 GMC Envoy XUV are the standard with four-wheel antilock disc brakes, side-impact airbags for the front passengers and three-point seatbelts at all seating positions. The interiors include a spacious cabin that can accommodate upto five passengers. The overall driving impressions rates that the Envoy provides a comfortable and a smooth ride with superior dynamics. Get the free price quotes on The 2011 GMC Envoy XUV.
Posted on: | In GMC
The 2011 GMC Safari is designed to carry loads of people, making it a perfect family car with its numerous pieces of safety equipment to protect. With a reputation as an extremely minivan it boasts a higher tow rating than most minivans. It fulfills the purpose of both a family friendly cat as well as a capable truck. The 2011 2011 GMC Safari passenger vans come in three trim levels: base, SLE and SLT.
The various features on each of the trims of 2011 GMC Safari are:
- Base models are equipped with air conditioning, power window and door locks, a tilt steering wheel, cruise control, cloth upholstery and an AM/FM stereo.
- SLE models include keyless entry and an upgraded audio system with speed-compensated volume control and a CD player.
- The SLT model comes with upgraded cloth interiors, rear air conditioning, an overhead console with map lights and an outside temperature gauge, a power-adjustable driver seat, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and a Homelink programmable garage door transmitter. These vans also offer the option of seven-passenger seating.
- All models feature large standard 16-inch wheels and tires. The Base models have steel wheels. Aluminum wheels are now standard on all uplevel SLE and SLT models.
The Performance features on 2011 GMC Safari include:
- A 190-horsepower, 4.3-liter V6
- A four-speed automatic transmission
- Standard rear-wheel drive provides a maximum towing capacity of 5,400 pounds.
- A full-time all-wheel-drive system is optional
- A four-wheel antilock disc brakes
The safety features on 2011 GMC Safari include the front driver and passenger airbags, a child security sliding door and the PASSLock theft-deterrent system.
The advanced braking system also includes highly audible warning chimes that alert drivers of a failure or malfunction in the braking system and the need for repair. The chimes are activated whenever the red BRAKE or amber ABS telltale light is illuminated.The Interiors Design is not very appealing. The overall interior room is generous, with 170 cubic feet of total cargo space, but small front footwells make the driver and front passenger feel more cramped than in most minivans. The seating can hold eight passengers.
The overall impressions 2011 GMC Safari is that it gives good highway ride with equally competent handling. It has one of the highest horsepower ratings in its class. A roomy interior cabin, includes thorough set of safety features compliment this power. Get a free price quote on The 2011 GMC Safari.
Posted on: | In GMC
The 2011 GMC Savana is equipped with the powerful Vortec engines and some unique features such as strong powertrains, dual-passenger access doors, multiple wheelbase and passenger configurations, and optional all-wheel drive. However there are a few features in The 2011 GMC Savana you may not like such as, the plastic interiors. The new features for 2011 are the StabiliTrak stability control system will be standard equipment on all 15-passenger models starting midyear.
The standard wheelbase 2011 GMC Savana comes in half-ton, three-quarter-ton and one-ton configurations, while the extended wheelbase version requires either three-quarter-ton or one-ton running gear. The two trim levels are: base and SLE. Base models of The 2011 GMC Savana include the standard equipment such as, air conditioning, an AM/FM stereo and a theft-deterrent system. The SLE models include rear-seat climate controls, power windows and door locks, cloth upholstery, cruise control, a tilt steering wheel and keyless entry. Optional equipment includes power driver and front-passenger seats, the OnStar communications system and an upgraded audio system with an in-dash six-disc CD changer.
Standard performance and safety features on The 2011 GMC Savana :
- The engines include: On the two-wheel-drive half-ton models is a 4.3-liter V6 rated at 200 horsepower and 250 pound-feet of torque. A 5.3-liter V8, with 285 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque, is standard on AWD half- and three-quarter-ton models and optional on two-wheel-drive 1500 and 2500 series vans.
- All half-tons, light-duty three-quarter-tons and AWD three-quarter-tons use a four-speed automatic transmission, while heavy-duty 2500 and 3500 series vans get a heavy-duty automatic transmission.
- Trailer capacities range from 6,600 to 10,000 pounds, depending on the model.
- Four-wheel antilock disc brakes
- 15-passenger models get an electronic stability control system that can restore control in adverse driving situations.
The interior is fitted with controls that are simple to use and well within reach of the driver, but as expected the footwells are still cramped up front. Also available are 60/40-split driver-side doors for easier passenger access to the rear seats. The improved ride and handling is owing to a reinforced frame, larger stabilizer bars, rack-and-pinion steering (half-ton models only) and a recently upgraded brake system. All these improvements make the day-to-day driving of The 2011 GMC Savana much enjoyable experience. Get a free price quote and the insurance quotes on The 2011 GMC Savana. The 2011 2011 GMC Savana is a good buy, keeping all its features in mind.
Posted on: | In GMC
With improved exterior styling The 2011 GMC Sierra looks classier than the most of those in competition. It comes with a lot of new and improved features both on the exterior as well as the interior. It looks bolder in the front end. Its interior restyled for improved function and appearance. It includes the upgraded brakes. The 2011 2011 GMC Sierra offers better ride quality and some of the best and advanced engineering features among the pickup trucks. It offers first-class hauling and towing capabilities. It rides and handles better than any other pickup.
The 2011 GMC Sierra is available in:
- The two-wheel and four-wheel-drive models, in light-duty (1500) and medium-duty (2500) loading and towing capacities, with short-bed and long-bed bodies, and with fendered or full-width beds. There are standard-length two-door cabs, extended-length cabs with two auxiliary doors in the rear, and a 1500 HD Crew Cab with four full-size doors.
- The engine choices include 4.3-liter V6, 4.8-liter V8 (standard with 4WD or an extended cab), and 5.3-liter V8 (standard with an extended cab and a long box). 1500 HD and 2500 models come with a 6.0-liter V8.
- Five-speed manual and four-speed automatic transmissions
The basic trim level on The 2011 GMC Sierra is the W/T work truck, equipped with vinyl seats and air conditioning. At the next level SLE adds accessories such as a CD player, cruise control, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. At the SLT trim, available on extended cabs and crew cabs, adds fog lamps, automatic air conditioning, and OnStar telecommunications.
The2011 GMC Sierra Denali is available only as an extended-cab, short-bed 4×4. Denali packs a 325-horsepower version of the 6.0-liter V8, along with automatic transmission and an exclusive, sophisticated full-time all-wheel-drive system. It comes with OnStar, tone-on-tone leather, dual-zone automatic climate control, extra sound deadening, a Bose audio system with separate controls for rear-seat passengers, a unique console and other exclusive amenities. Denali also provides a lockable floor console large enough to hold a picnic lunch for a family of four; it comes with a reversible, removable cup holder tray and a storage nook in front of the lid. The 2011 GMC Sierra Quadrasteer is available on Sierra 1500 short-bed extended cabs, HD crew cab, and Denali. An electronically controlled four-wheel-steering system, Quadrasteer enhances high-speed stability. Professional is an option package available on all Sierras that includes a special full-length console with concealed storage for a personal digital assistant (PDA), cell phone, and other items; a seven-quart cooler; a cooled or heated cup holder, and a second.
The restyled exteriors of The 2011 GMC Sierra add the new body side moldings create a cleaner side appearance. The interior includes the standard bucket seats, the sophisticated sound and climate controls, a storage compartment and a 12-volt power outlet at the rear. On the whole The 2011 GMC Sierra delivers lots of powerful performance, big cargo capacities, and towing capability. It looks classy and elegant. It gives the smoothest, quietest, ride than most of the pickup trucks. Get a price quote on The 2011 GMC Sierra today.
Posted on: | In GMC
The 2011 GMC Sonoma is a practical alternative to compact cars as well as trucks, because of its low price and reasonable features. Sonoma is available in six models: Regular, Extended, Crew Cab, ZRX Street Rider, ZR2 High Rider, ZR5 Sport Rider.
The advantages of 2011 GMC Sonoma include V6 Torque, competitive tow ratings, and rock-bottom price, however it’s not without disadvantages low-buck interior, spotty build quality, poor resale value. The Sonoma features a 4×4 Crew Cab for The 2011 version.
The 2011 GMC Sonoma is available in just one body style — a four-door Crew Cab — and one level of trim. The standard features include:
- The 15-inch alloy wheels
- Four-wheel antilock brakes
- Bucket seats in front; air conditioning; a six-speaker stereo with a CD player; cruise control; power windows, mirrors and locks; and a bed liner.
- Optional features include the leather-heated seats and a six-disc CD changer is along with a rear-locking differential.
- Engine and transmission combination, a 4.3-liter V6 with 190 horsepower and 250 pound-feet of torque
- A four-speed automatic is standard
- The maximum tow rating of 5,200 pounds
The driving results of The 2011 GMC Sonoma are mixed as compared to its V6′s specs. There’s lots of noise and vibration its ancient design is apparent when it’s driven on pavement. The ride is squishy with plenty of bounce over bumps and ruts. The steering is slow and devoid of road feedback, and braking distances are longer than those of any other compact pickup on the market. The interiors of The 2011 GMC Sonoma include a full complement of easy-to-read gauges, but the upright dashboard is constructed of cheap and brittle-looking plastic. Excellent visibility aided by huge side mirrors, but rear-seat room is tight. Get a free updated insurance quote for 2011 GMC Sonoma and after the manufacturer warranty expires, get a free extended warranty quote from us.
Posted on: | In GMC
The 2011 GMC Yukon is known to have a huge cargo capacity, but is considerably easier to park. It’s a tough car that can carry a load of people, a mountain of cargo, and pull heavy trailers. Yukon provides comparatively good ride and handling characteristics. It offers a choice of V8 engines. The Yukon Denali is a luxury version of 2011 GMC Yukon.
The standard features on 2011 GMC Yukon:
- Engines include 285-hp 4.8-liter ohv V8; 295-hp 5.3-liter ohv V8; 325-hp 6.0-liter ohv V8
- 4-speed automatic transmission
- Standard Safety equipment: dual-stage front air bags, four-wheel ABS with dynamic brake proportioning, traction control (2WD only)
- Optional Safety equipment include front side-impact air bags, electronic stability control; all-wheel drive
The three trim levels available for The 2011 GMC Yukon: SLE, SLT, and Denali.
The 2011 GMC Yukon SLE is priced at $34,910 and the SLE 4WD is at $37,610. The features on the SLE are: The manual dual-zone air conditioning, a split-bench front seat with power adjustment for the driver, anti-lock brakes (ABS), self-leveling suspension, CD stereo with eight speakers, power windows, power door locks, fog lights, tinted glass, heated outside mirrors, leather wrapped steering wheel, and alarm. A 285-horsepower 4.8-liter V8 is standard; a 295-horsepower 5.3-liter V8 is optional.
The 2011 GMC Yukon SLT is priced at $37,440 and the SLT 4WD is at $40,140. Apart from the standard features on the SLE, the SLT adds automatic tri-zone air conditioning, a premium Bose stereo with nine speakers, high-back bucket seats with leather upholstery, rear seat audio controls, and assist steps. The SLT options include 17-inch, six-spoke premium aluminum wheels. The SLT Plus Equipment Group improves upon the quality of the leather and adds more power adjustments and a memory function to the seats. It also features side-impact airbags, outside mirrors with ground illumination and turn signals (and electrochromic dimming on the driver’s side), power-adjustable pedals, third-row seating, etc. It is equipped with a 5.3-liter V8. The luxury trim, 2011 GMC Yukon Denali is priced expensively at $49,310 is equipped with a big 6.0-liter V8 engine, full-time all-wheel drive, StabiliTrak stability control, and a computer-controlled AutoRide suspension. In fact, nearly every desirable feature is standard on Denali, including heated leather 10-way power seats, On-Star driver assistance, and nine-speaker Bose stereo with XM Satellite Radio capability and in-dash six-disc CD changer, and 17-inch alloy wheels. An optional sunroof and an engine block heater.
It is smaller than the Ford Expedition, but longer and wider than the GMC Envoy, Chevy TrailBlazer, and Ford Explorer. The interiors of Yukon are luxurious and comfortable. Get a free price quote and a warranty quote of The 2011 GMC Yukon.
Posted on: | In GMC
011 GMC Yukon Denali is packaged with comfort, style, elegance and performance at an affordable price for one of the finest SUVs. It is equipped with many upgraded features which adds to its performance and handling characteristics.
The new 2011 2011 GMC Yukon Denali is equipped with the following standard features:
- Safety features include: with air bags for driver and right front passenger and includes Passenger Sensing System.
- Enhanced interiors include the new sound system with Bose luxury speakers, enhanced performance amplification, Audio Pilot noise reduction feature, 9 speakers including sub woofer.
- The analog instrumentation panel includes speedometer, odometer with trip odometer, fuel level, voltmeter, engine temperature, oil pressure, tachometer and transmission temperature.
- New tire-pressure monitoring system that monitors tire pressure constantly and alerts the driver through a chime and a telltale light in the instrument panel if the air pressure drops below a specified level.
- Equipped with 6.0-liter Vortec V8 with 325 horsepower at 5200 rpm and 365 lb-ft of torque at 4000 rpm.
- A 4-speed automatic transmission with a tow or haul mode.
The other features on The 2011 GMC Yukon Denali are the hydroboost brake booster that utilizes the vehicle’s power steering pump pressure as the energy source for providing brake assist. The vehicle’s brake performance is enhanced by the quick response of the hydroboost. It is a premium full-size sport utility vehicle; which combines extreme power, great handling, safety features and comfortable interiors. The 2011 2011 GMC Yukon Denali is a good buy and can be rated as one of the finest full-size SUVs among its class. 2011 GMC Yukon Denali is smooth, strong and responsive, since it uses all-wheel drive for maximum responsiveness. It uses a one-speed full-time, open differential all-wheel-drive transfer case, which permits flexible torque transfer. The 2011 Yukon Denali uses Autoride suspension system, which automatically adjusts the shock dampening and includes a rear, air-assisted load-leveling system. The interiors include tone-on-tone leather seats have a clean European-style appearance. 2011 GMC Yukon Denali is a great buy with so many additional features. Check price and options for this new SUV at our site. Also get the price and warranty quotes. Do comparison-shopping and judge for yourself how much can you save on rebates available for this SUV.
Posted on: | In GMC
With an ultramodern chassis that gives a better and a comfortable ride with an overall improved performance The 2011 GMC Yukon XL is safer than ever before. It offers strong engine lineup, a smooth ride and excellent functionality and feature content. It offers huge interior space, strong lineup of V8 engines, Quadrasteer four-wheel steering system to name a few. The new offering for 2011 includes the Hydroboost brakes, a tire-pressure monitoring system and newly styled optional 17-inch aluminum wheels.
The safety features on The 2011 GMC Yukon XL include a front passenger seatbelt reminder. A sunroof and rear-seat entertainment system and the lowered output figures for the Vortec 8100 — the engine is now rated at 320 horsepower and 440 pound-feet of torque.
The other feature line up on 2011 GMC Yukon XL is:
- Seating capacity of nine people
- Versatile hauling and heavy duty towing capacity
- The half-ton (1500) and three-quarter-ton (2500) configurations with either two- or four-wheel drive
- The half-ton models feature a 5.3-liter V8 rated at 295 horsepower and 330 pound-feet of torque mated to a four-speed automatic transmission. Three-quarter-ton versions can be equipped with either a 6.0-liter V8 rated at 300 hp and 360 lb-ft of torque or an 8.1-liter V8 that cranks out 320 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque
- The half-ton Yukon XL can tow up to 8,400 pounds.
- The three-quarter-ton models equipped with the 6.0-liter engine an tow up to 9,900 pounds. Vehicles with the 8.1-liter engine can pull up to 12,000 pounds. The Quadrasteer four-wheel steering system is optional on three-quarter-ton models for improved stability and a decreased turning radius.
The 2011 GMC Yukon XL is available in two trim levels for the standard model: SLE and SLT. The SLE models include tri-zone air conditioning, cruise control, a driver message center, keyless entry, a leather-wrapped tilt steering wheel and a CD player. The SLT models add automatic climate control, leather seating, a redesigned floor console with integrated rear passenger stereo and climate controls and an upgraded audio system.
It also includes the StabiliTrak stability control system on half-ton models. It remains one of the popular vehicles for those looking for maximum passenger capacity in a comfortable, easy-to-drive package. The interior of The 2011 GMC Yukon XL is spacious and comfortable. It’s easy to drive even for long-distances. You can request the quote on this GMC. You can access our site to know how to calculate the low payments. Get a free insurance quote on The 2011 GMC Yukon XL.
Posted on: September 8, 2010 | In GMC
The 2011 GMC Sierra Hybrid is simply stunning. The car comes with 6.0-liter ohv V8 engine capable of generating 345 horsepower at 5200 RPM and 375 pound-feet of torque at 4000 RPM. The engine is equipped with 4-speed automatic transmission system. With 4-speed automatic transmission system, The 2011 GMC Sierra Hybrid has been able to deliver reasonable fuel economy – 12 miles per gallon in the city and 16 miles per gallon on highways. The fuel capacity comes around 26.0 gal.
Add to that its spaciousness. The 2011 2011 GMC Sierra Hybrid can accommodate five passengers. The vehicle can carry 1722 Lbs. of payload and tow up to 8100 Lbs. The 2011 2011 GMC Sierra Hybrid comes with 1-year safe and sound service. The vehicle has been designed in Ontario, Canada and Flint, Michigan.
2011 GMC Sierra Hybrid
The 2011 GMC Sierra Hybrid is available with some great standard features such as AM/FM/CD/cassette Bose 7-speaker system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, power windows with driver’s express-down, power door locks, color-keyed soft tonneau cover, steering wheel mounted audio and driver information controls, 3-passenger 60/40 folding rear bench seat w/leather inserts, automatic dual-zone climate control, programmable power with lockout protection, tone-on-tone leather power heated reclining full feature bucket seats with power lumbar, rear audio controls with dual headphone jacks, electrochromic rearview mirror with 8-point compass, theft deterrent system, rear cupholders and rear power points, remote keyless entry with 2-transmitters etc. The safety features include ABS with Dynamic Rear Proportioning, LATCH-style child-seat anchors and dual-stage front airbags with front passenger suppression switch.