What websites sell private used cars?
Finding and buying a vehicle, especially a used vehicle, used to be a long process filled with hassle. Not only would the buyer have to know the exact car needed or wanted, he would also need to search on his own to find it, then negotiate a good price to buy it. But now, buying a used car has never been simpler with the popularization of online sites where private sellers can list their used vehicles for sale, and buyers from all over the country can search for them, and even buy them online.
There are many sites online which allow buyers to search for new and used vehicles for sale, but only a few which allow private sellers to list vehicles to sell. Though once a buyer finds those sites, the searching and buying process is easy and painless. Be sure to compare car insurance rates as well with the FREE tool above. Simply enter your ZIP code for instant results!
eBay has become the premier destination for many people who are looking to buy and sell nearly everything under the sun. From hard to find vintage items to clothing to popular new cell phones and gaming systems, eBay offers almost everything. eBay Motors, an offshoot site of eBay, is identical to the original site except for one thing: only vehicles are sold there. Some things to keep in mind about eBay are:
- Bidding: eBay Motors is an auction site where bidding is the primary method by which buyers win their items. In order to bid on eBay Motors, a buyer must have a confirmed account in good standing, and must, in good faith, be ready and willing to pay for won items.
- Buy It Now: Some eBay Motors listings will be Buy It Now listings, which are now auction style. These listings require buyers to pay a set amount instead of offering bids, and there is usually no negotiation.
- Selection and Location: The selection of vehicles at eBay Motors is enormous, though there is a search tool to help buyers narrow the wide field of choices of vehicles. The vehicles offered for sale are also located all over the country, though searching for local vehicles only is an option.
eBay Motors is a great tool for buyers looking for an excellent deal on a used vehicle. The bidding option allows buyers to bid only as high as they can afford, and the local search option allows buyers to get local deals. However, because vehicles are sold privately, and all over the country, it is definitely up to the buyer to pay attention to the fine print on auctions, and take responsibility for delivery of the vehicle.
CarsForSale.com is a website that is dedicated to one goal: allowing private sellers to list their vehicles for sale, for free, over the internet. This site lists thousands of vehicles for sale, but is also unique in that it provides extra tools to buyers to help ensure each buyer gets the perfect car at a great price.
Some great things about this site are:
- Easy Searches: This site allows buyers to search for vehicles many different ways. First, you can search by make and model, making it easy for anyone who knows what they want. Buyers can also search by vehicle category, such as sedan, pickup truck, or SUV, which helps those who are undecided on specifics narrow things down. You can also search by location only, or by recent price reductions or new listings.
- Buyer Tools: CarsForSale.com gives buyers a unique opportunity to really research a vehicle before buying, with tools such as vehicle values and vehicle reviews. Both of these tools give buyers power and peace of mind when purchasing a vehicle.
- Want Ads: For any buyer who is looking for a vehicle they just can’t find, want ads are the right tool to use. These ads allow buyers who are looking for a specific vehicle to advertise for what they want, and what they are willing to pay. Sellers can respond with offers.
CarsForSale.com is not only a great site for buyers to get their preferred vehicles at a great price, it also offers useful tools to those who are still searching for the vehicle they need. Again, it is up to the buyer to fully research each vehicle, and arrange for delivery themselves.
ClassifiedAds.com is just what is sounds like; an internet version of classified ads selling various items and services, including vehicles. Like CarsForSale.com, it is free for sellers to list a vehicle for sale, and free for buyers to search for a view vehicles. While ClassifiedAds.com is not as advanced as other comparable sites, it is still a useful resource for finding a great vehicle. Some things to know about ClassifiedAds.com are:
- Local Ads: ClassifiedAds.com automatically narrows your search to your local area, and shows vehicle sale results near you. It is simple to change your location to see other vehicles.
- Search Tool: There is a simple search tool that allows buyers to narrow their choices to specific vehicles or categories.
Again, ClassifiedAds.com is a more sparse version of car buying sites, but could lead to a great vehicle at a great price.
Finding privately owned used vehicles for sale online is easy, and can be fast when using these sites as a starting point. Once your purchase is complete, make sure to get the best auto insurance by comparing policies with the FREE tool below!